Looking for the best welding helmet for the money? You’ve come to the right place.
Being creative with metal or iron is fun and profession at the same time. Innovatory ideas become an immense source of pleasure when you bring them to life with your most skilled hands and mind. Along with other technicalities, it require welding which may not be tough for you physically but is very tough on your eyes.
The bright sparks and blinding, burning light out of welding spot produces a feeling of hot sand filling your eye sockets and creates a pain that is so intense that you’re on the verge of clawing your eyes out. This is called arc flash and it really is dangerous so you have to have a better eye and face protection for the sake of your health.
A welding helmet helps you best in this scenario as it fully shields your face and eyes without affecting the visibility of welding spot.
Here we are with an honest review of some of the best welding helmets for the money available that perform a job for the money you spend on them.
The Best among top bests is Welding Helmet, 3350 Series by Lincoln Electric who are trusted name in the field of welding. The 3350 line of helmets offers the largest viewing area in its class at 12.5 square inches. If you have ever had concerns with poor visibility through helmet shield while welding, you will appreciate this great feature. With the perfect optical clarity offered by this mask, you will see your work like never before. It offers variable shade levels and lens switching speed to protect your eyes in every kind of welding task from all sides.
Let’s get a quick glance at top 7 most trusted welding helmet for the price;
- 1 Best Welding Helmets for the Money
- 2 1. Lincoln Welding Helmet, Black, 3350 Series
- 3 2. Jackson Safety BH3 Auto Darkening Welding Helmet
- 4 3. Antra Welding Helmet Auto Darkening AH7-860-001X
- 5 4. Esab Sentinel Automatic Welding A50 Helmet
- 6 5. Lincoln Electric K3034-4 VIKING 3350 Welding Helmet
- 7 6. ArcPro 20704 Auto-Darkening Welding Helmet
- 8 7. Jackson Safety Insight Variable Welding Helmet (46101)
- 9 Buying Guide:
Best Welding Helmets for the Money
If you cannot go through all the products in detail, here is a quick comparison table of all the best welding helmets for the money to help you make a quick decision.
|Welding Helmet||Viewing Area||Weight||Price|
|Lincoln Welding Helmet 3350 Series||3.74×3.34”||3.20lbs|
|Jackson Safety BH3||3.8″ x 2.7″||1.24lbs|
|Antra Welding AH7-860-001X||3.86X3.5″||1.12lbs|
|Esab Sentinel Automatic A50||3.93×2.36”||2.2lbs|
|Lincoln Electric K3034-4 VIKING 3350||12.5 Si||3lbs|
|ArcPro 20704 Auto-Darkening||3.78×2.07”||1.15lbs|
|Jackson Safety Insight (46101)||3.93 x 2.36”||2lbs|
Lincoln Electrics are already a trusted name in welding and they make sure to provide best solutions for your requirements. 3350 series come with a wide viewing area, variable shade levels and lens switching to provide you with the best.
They offers many promising Features like:
- a balanced design made out of good quality plastic
- easy to wear with only 3.20 pounds of weight
- An Auto-Darkening helmet which offers 5 to 13Lens Shade
- Wide viewing are measuring 3.74 In. x 3.34 Inches
- Equipped with 4Arc Sensors at a Switching Speed of 1/25,000 sec
Lincoln promises to take care of your health while you are taking care of your profession or hobby. It comes with amazing wide viewing screen unlike any other in its class. 4 arc sensors quickly sense the arc flash and immediately switch between shades within a moment. The X6 headgear keeps you comfortable all day with a balanced design that reduces pressure. All these premium features are accompanied by a premium price that may be expensive for many DIYers or hobbyists making it inconsiderable.
Built with high quality plastic material, Jackson Safety BH3 promises to provide perfect optical clarity so you can see your work in detail and can weld for long hours without putting your eyes on risk.
Basic features of Jackson Safety BH3 are:
- Comes with Auto darkening filter lens (ADF) which provides the best of optical visibility
- Offers variable shade range from 9 to 13 to help shield to protect the eyes from radiant energy
- Equipped with sensors and delay settings to provide better adaptation for different durations.
- The lightweight, high density plastic shell to keep you safe from sparks
- Aerodynamic curved front cover plate reduces heat production, reflections and fogging
- 3 headgear adjustments to adjust with every welder’s physique
Jackson Safety BH3 provides you with the most perfect optical clarity, light diffusion, variations of luminous transmittance (amount of light passing through) and angular dependence to deal with any kind of welding (mig welding, tig welding, arc welding), so clarity is not disturbed even at different angles. Moreover it is compatible with magnification filters(for zooming) and hard hats which provide you a next level compatibility and ease of using a welder’s helmet. This why it is one of the best welder’s helmet for its price.
Antra Welding Helmet is a quality protection on a slimmer budget but with ultimate premium performance. It is equipped with all the superior features of an expensive helmet but at an affording price.
Major Features of Antra Welding Helmet are:
- Full face to neck coverage for complete protection against sparks and dangerous radiation.
- Passive Filter in combination with double-layered LCD shutter (auto dimming) provides most accurate shade range within 4/5-9/9-13 to visible lights
- Large Viewing Area of 13. 5 square inches, for a clearer seamless viewing of the
- Lightweight structure which reduces neck stress
- Setting and controls are inside the shade to restrict accidental changes
- 4 high quality and highly responsive arc sensors, followed by quick transitions and low eye strain
Along with amazing versatility, this helmet is Impressively reliable even for hard-to-sense arcs and lights as it can sense sun lights and shop/indoor lights. It can be used universally for any kind of welding related task including welding shops, welding schools, metal industries and hobbyist. High capabilities make it a most reliable helmet for its price.
Esab Sentinel Automatic helmet is one of the premium helmet that offers a bit extra than other competitor helmets. It comes in a package which include other accessories for the comfort of welder.
General Features of Esab Sentinel Helmet are:
- Comes with accessories to fully pamper you including Sentinel Helmet, Extra Lenses, 2 Gloves, Striker to ignite and a Tip Cleaner
- It has a Halo Headgear with 5 adjusting points along with front and rear sweat bands
- Offers variable shade range from 5 to 13 to help protect the eyes from radiant energy
- External grind button with shade 3 grind mode
- Color touch screen control panel with 8 memory settings that you can easily recall at any time.
Esab Sentinel Helmet is offering a bit extra than its competitors and has become a popular choice by many of the welders. If you are old in welding, you definitely know what you exactly want from a helmet and you would be surprised to see that Esab Sentinel is fulfilling the re
Lincoln have successfully established their name in welding and there 3350 series of helmet have big success at the screen. Electric K3034-4 VIKING is probably the most premium model of 3350 series. It offers premium performance and amazing darkening technology with new 4C LENS technology which promises visibility like never before.
Major premium Features of Electric K3034-4 VIKING are:
- Exclusive 4C LENS technology to creates a true view of the welding spot.
- The lens comes with 1/1/1/1 optical clarity which ensures there is no blurriness and distortion·
- Auto Darkening Lens offers a large viewing space of 12.5 square inches for better visibility.
- X6 Headgear evenly distributes the weight to let welder’s head and shoulders stress free.
- Low-profile Grind button allows quick and smooth transitions between weld and grind modes
Electric K3034-4 VIKING Helmet comes with quite impressive updated features which make it a choice that you will enjoy later as it provides consistent brightness and amazing performance at an angle. Also, it is easily compatible with hard hats and offer 6X headgear which evenly distribute total weight on 6 points so you feel ultimate comfort. Moreover it offers 5-13 auto-darkening shade range to provide you with the comfort you want.
ArcPro 20704 is a next-level welding helmet that has an alien-like design for those who work with spark and has a spark inside them. Powered by Solar energy and auto-darkening capabilities made it a compatible helmet for welding.
General Features of ArcPro 20704 helmet are:
- Extra-large viewing area measuring 3.78 x 2.07 inches
- Quick auto-darkening for ultimate eye protection
- 9-13 shade variability for welding and shade 4 for grinding
- easy transitions between welding and grinding mode
- Quickest reaction time upon sensors input measuring a 1/25,000 second
- 78-inch x 2.07-inch viewing field
- Automatic on/off switch for better convenience
- Replaceable 3V Lithium batteries for enhanced reliability
ArcPro 20704 Welding helmet is best for those DIYers who always want something fun and creative. The alien design of this helmet keep feeding your inner spark to let you get through your passions on daily basis. Solar compatibility and automatic on/off make it more special. Moreover, viewing areas is also large and shade variability is great for a best day-to-day welding experience.
Jackson has presented many articles with little variations so that they can cover up the requirement of most of the welder’s community. Jackson safety insight is auto-darkening and compatible helmet that also has appealing design, beautiful color and graceful cuts without any compromise on reliability and comfort.
General features of Jackson Safety Insight helmet are:
- Variable shades from 9 to13 for better darkening adjustments
- Reliable viewing area of 3.93 x 2.36 inches for un-interruptive viewing around
- No need to again and again lifting up of the hood
- Digital controls are quite simple and easy to use
- Quick Sensitivity and delay adjustments depending upon different tasks and durations
- 4 sensors to quickly sense the arc and other lights for quick lightning adjustments
Jackson Safety Insight helmet is a good pick for a welder’s helmet. It headgear is quite comfortable and evenly distributes the weight so that you don’t feel any discomfort upon use for long hours. It not only fits your professional needs but also fit best with your budget as it is quite affordable. You will find it a supportive companion in your work space with amazing performance and amazing price.
Here are some features you do need to consider before selecting one helmet that best suits your welding needs. This buying guide will assist you so that you can deeply understand sometechnical points and their worth.
Let’s get started;
Size of viewing area:
Viewing area let you see around the peripheral. If you have ever tried a narrow window helmet, you know how irritating is to have a restricted viewing angle. Larger viewing areas as 12 square inches of our top pick Lincoln Helmet 3350 series helps you look around at many angles without disturbance.
Not all but almost all of the welding helmets now available in market are equipped with auto-darkening feature. Auto-darkening means your helmet automatically adopts your viewing needs. Like when you are actively welding and there are bright sparks in front of you, the lens get dark automatically and then when you are not actively welding and there are no sparks, your screen turns to lightest viewing mode so you don’t have to pull up and down your mask again and again.
By shade variability, we mean how many different levels of darkness does your welding mask offers. Like when you are working indoor you need different a different shade range, and when you are welding in a hot sunny noon, you want a different shade. Your helmet should be capable enough to provide you protection in any range of welding. Mostly helmets come with 3-14/15 shade variability which is fairly enough for a good welding experience.
Reliability is one of the most important factors to consider when it comes to picking out a welding helmet because features are a luxury but reliability is a necessity. Flashing different colors and changing levels of shade can be more than just distracting. When you will not be able to properly see your welding work, you will be risking your fingers and hands.
Mostly helmets come with a grind mode and all of our picks have grind mode. Its comes to function when you are grinding and have a lot of flying particles to deal with. Or when you are not actively welding but working and don’t want to lift up & down your hood again and again. It is easy to switch to grind mode with just the touch of a button.
Hope that this list of best welding helmets for the money products and Buying guide will surely help you grab a best helmet under a suitable price that will work wonder for you.
After reviewing many helmets available in markets and online, we are capable to suggest which helmet we found to be best suited and best capable for most of the welder’s requirements.